Friday, October 23, 2009

"Whom Do You Serve?" (Part 2)

Christ is saying that He is the answer for you. Your life may be turned "upside down". Everything that once worked does not seem to work anymore. The things you've depended on has fail. This could be another person, a job, debt or even a friend. Whatever it is, take a moment to consider if what you have depended so heavily on has really been a "god" in you life. This is the perfect time to reflect on exactly where you are in relationship with God. What has His role been in your dependency? How much focus have you given to Him being your Source?

You see, I've been at these crossroads, as well. I, too, had to realize that no matter how hard I worked or how hard I tried to please others, it never worked out. I was so dissatisfied and unfulfilled in my life. I tried getting these things from my job, friends, etc. This verse stood out to me. So I had to acknowledge that I had been on the wrong track going endlessly to more frustration and unfulfillment. I was depending on the wrong things. I had to "wake up".

Stay tuned for Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment